Thursday, February 11, 2010

Art shows and booth shots


I have finally finished my income taxes so I'm messing with my blog again.

This year I am applying to art shows in "up north" Michigan towns along the coast of Lake Michigan. I've applied to five so far and plan to apply to five more.

These are all juried shows. The artists must submit photos of their work and their booth setups. Then a jury of art experts (hopefully they are experts) decides which of the artists are worthy of selling their work at the show.

I've applied to shows that are tough to get into and shows that are easy to get into. So I'm hoping I don't get rejected from too many of them.

This past fall I worked on improving the appearance of my booth by adding some large photos of my jewelry, lights and ceramic pots filled with decorative grasses. I've posted a photo of my new display below. The booth shot can be the deciding factor in whether you get into a show, so I am going to see if I have a higher acceptance rate this summer as a result of these improvements.

3 comments:

  1. your blog is off to a great start! Best of luck! AND good luck on all your shows and preparing your booth...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fixture you are using in your booth! I was wondering where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you mean the display, I got that from Consort.com. If you mean the lights, I got those from BrandLighting.com.

    ReplyDelete